Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Journey Has Begun




Flight delayed last night. Arrived in London, England at 9:05 am (4 am Muskoka time) and a fellow from Bangladesh was there to greet me with a sign bearing my name. Wonderful chap who talked to me about his country which might be another journey one day. Arrived at the Holiday Inn Express around 11:00 am to find I wasn't booked in for the night. A phone call and email to Australia corrected that. A quick nap (not much sleep lately + jet lag = exhausted) and I was up; raring to go. Had a pint of English beer at the hotel (tasted pretty good) with a burger and salad before heading off for a short walk. I'm in North Acton, industrial section, so I'm now well informed on where I have to go tomorrow for my final rabies shot and what "tube" to take that will get me to all the sightseeing spots that I want to look at (definitely want to go up in the BIG Ferris Wheel. So until later, I'm off to bed again....... Oh, p.s. the tour group and organizers arrive tomorrow (I mean today sometime so I'll have lots more to come)




5 comments:

  1. Hey Jac, nice to hear you arrived safe and sound. The picture of you in an airport (I'm guessing) having a brew has a familiar look to it...wish I was there in person to snap the photo and share the spreading grin...some photo's are on the way of your biker gang back home...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Guard1
    Can't wait to see pictures of "my biker gang" from back home. Had our first meeting tonight and had dinner and did orientation with other riders. Starting to become a bit more like reality. Please do send pics (need my buddies with me)
    Luv Ya!
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jack,
    Just read through your blog..wow so far.. I admire your courage. And yes remember I will be thinking of you. Was great to spend time before you flew away. Lov ya.. Keep safe & Enjoy your journey.. off to work I go now.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jack, just noticed the time posted is 5;48 AM. It's about 8:45am when I posted. Is that because of time change with you???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Donna,
    No, I've been staying up late and getting up early to post stuff. It's crazy. Not enough time in a day. Glad we spent time together to before I left. We all don't do that nearly enough.
    Luv Ya too.

    Jack

    ReplyDelete