Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 7: Friday, June 18th, 2010 Arrived in Romania

wow!!!!! What a day this has been. Torrential downpour all the way from Budapest, Hungary to Timisoara, Romania. I was soaked before 10 am and remained that way until 4pm when we got here. A bit of a lightning show as we crossed the border in Romania (this time we did have to show our passports: 15-20 min. delay there). It's about 83 km's from the border to Timisoara which is a bit of a mideaval city (definitely not as modern as Budapest). Four of us from the group went ahead of the others as the rain was quite thick that we just wanted to get there and bypass our lunch stop. Just as an added side note, I have tried to upload some video that I've taken but have not been able to do so, so I apologize for that as I would love to show you some of the riding and the scenery as well as the firework display along the Danube last night. I'll keep trying and crossing my fingers and maybe we'll be able to get something. The further we are headed however, the harder it might be to try not only to get internet but to be able to upload pictures. So, the rest of the group is checking in now and they need this computer, so I'm off for now. Talk soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment