Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Our Training Day with Stonehenge on the Salisbury Plains
















From Rouen, France we headed toward Flavigny, France (a very old, quaint and small town in the north eastern side of France. I can't say enough about the countryside in France. We were driving by such plush green fauna with hillsides of magnificent trees along the way. One thing I noticed, as I had on our off road training day in London, was the fields of poppies. No wonder poppies commemorate our war heros as there really are "fields of poppies" that sweep across the hills as we are flying by on our bikes. After this brief blog, I'm going to go back to our training day in London and include a few pictures that unfortunately I missed due to our connection problem. It was also a magnificent day. I dropped the bike 3 times during this off road training (all from ruts so not at any significent speed) and was glad that we had this training as it did give us a small (and I am sure compared to the off road riding that we will hit it will be small) taste of what we will be experiencing in some of the Stans (Krzygstan, Kayakhstan, Uzbekistan) and Mongolia. So here's a few pics of that day in London that I missed sharing earlier. P.S. Please send me your feedback as feedback is something I'm looking forward to.



JACK P.S.S. I think I did mention that we went by Stonehenge but if I didn't, here is a picture (so you believe me of course)

No comments:

Post a Comment