Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday, June 25, 2010 Day 14

Quick note to let you know that we are at Goreme, Turkey tonight. I have several days to fill in but just wanted you all to know I'm still here. On a computer that's a bit difficult to use (back to the commodore 64 days). I'm staying in a cave tonight as everyone here lives in caves (pictures will follow soon) and I'm going hot air ballooning at 5am tomorrow followed by champagne breakfast. On our way here today. we went through another storm that I'm sure was a tornado. Everyone pulled over. except me of course as a fellow from the group said, "come on girlie get a move on. You're wet now so keep going". So, on I went, bracing myself as the wind was strong enough to take ya into oncoming traffic. I pulled over to the side and once again I got, "woman, what are you doing. Let's put a move on it". It was a 540 km day (we got into Goreme at 8 tonight and had Turkish Pizza and now headed for bed). My bike now reads about 5700 km's in total. It's hard to believe that we've travelled from London, England to Goreme, Turkey and only 5700 kms. Considering I put 4500 kms on in a weekend. Keep in mind however that over here it is not just straight driving. Most of it is through hills and curvy. Well, signing off for tonight. I'll get ya's all caught up tomorrow. Nitey Nite!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Not great to hear that it was tornado like weather. I hope that hot air ballooning will be ok to do. Take it easy and take care of yourself. You must be very tired. I am not sure how I could/would sleep in a cave. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete