Sunday, July 4, 2010

On Our Way To Trabzon Turkey Wed June 30 Day 19






Now, I know this is backtracking as we are currently in Rostov-on-Don, Russia staying at the Hermitage Hotel (very lovely inside even if it looks like it's across the street from a crack house).
But the ride to Trabzon needs to be told as yes it was quite lovely (see the picture with the group stopped alongside the road and sunflowers in the background). Well, the reason for the stop is multi-fold. Murray was struck headon by a flying chicken that exploded behind him in Mick's face (startled him and just about knocked him off his bike). Patrick was hit by a kamakaze bird that got lodged and cooked on his motor (so we had chicken and eggs) and I was leaning against my bike taking pictures of the fields of sunflowers when I thought my exhaust had burnt me in the crotch. I flung backwards telling Mick behind that my exhaust burnt me when he told me that I was stung by a bee and offered to kiss it better. Of course, I wouldn't let him but as I stepped backwards, I saw a dead bee on the ground. So, that's the story behind that picture. As I'm telling this, I still have a welt from the bee sting and he's still offering to kiss it better. We later stopped at a gas station and two motorcycles pulled up showing us their bikes (the kuba and I like that booty). We had a roadside lunch and Murray was doing bullwinkle after a days adventure. Ohh!!! About the sunflowers. They grow alongside the road in Turkey and Russia. Fields of them. It is quite lovely.

1 comment:

  1. I don't even want to touch that one about the bee sting. Whoa! sounds like you all had a wee bit of a trial.

    Remember the gift certificate that you gave us for Christmas. We are heading out soon to go to Rebecca's for dinner for our anniversary.

    Hope you don't run into any chickens, bees or anything else that disrupts your riding.

    I am wondering how you say it is Day 19. I thought you left more than three weeks ago.
    Whatever! Have a great time as you continue your journey through Russia.

    ReplyDelete