Saturday, July 3, 2010

Dedication to my friend Aysun and Tammy

I just wanted to include a quick note about two friends that I met when I was in public school, Aysun and Tammy. We hung around together and being kids, it never dawned on me just how far both Tammy and Aysun families had travelled. Aysun was from Turkey and Tammy was from China but as a kid I had no idea what that meant. After grade 5, both of them moved away and I lost all contact with them. Amazingly however, just before coming on this trip, Tammy contacted me (after all these years) and reunited the three of us via email. So, I dedicate this blog to the two of them. I was suppose to go to China and ended up changing that trip to the one I'm on. One day hopefully, I will get to see China but Turkey was amazing. The riding in Turkey was beautiful and all of us enjoyed the wonderfully paved roads and rolling hills. We left Turkey on Thursday night for Sochi, Russia (what a trip that was and I'm saving for next blog). Let's just suffice to say, I will miss Turkey and I'm thankful to Tammy and Aysun for emailing me after all these years. Let's stay in touch. Cheers to us!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't that interesting about Aysun and Tammy. I didn't realize that you had reconnected with Tammy and then Aysun through Tammy. That is great. I do hope that you are able to maintain friends as a result of that. I also know from your blog how much you enjoyed Turkey. I hope that you feel the same way as your travels continue. Looking forward to reading tomorrow's blog.
    Hugs to you and your riding companions. Talk soon.

    ReplyDelete