Monday, May 31, 2010

Final Preparations

After tonight, there is one week left before take-off. So, lots of loose ends to do such as picking up my meds (stuff for malaria, dehydration etc), final shots for encephalitis tick and rabies (done in the UK), testing camara equipment and portable hard drives, packing (or I should say re-packing as I have to downsize (the hardest part of this whole trip - downsizing). I still have to get dog food for Mitzi, new health card, all my papers in line so that I don't forget anything not to mention all the things I had to tie up before my final day at work on Saturday (Aline is covering for me and she is going to be super). So much to do and so little time. I hope i can capture alot of great shots on film to share with anyone out there who may be interested.
I must admit that I'm feeling somewhat melancholy. Thinking about the four months away from my life is not as easy as I thought it would be. It really is making me realize how much i will miss by dog (because I depend on her probably more than she needs me), my friends and family and even the routine of work. I know it will probably go by fast however I'm also aware that a lot can happen in four months. So, as it's getting closer I have been dragging my heals; procrastinating to some extent as I will be leaving my comfort zones. I would love to hear from anyone out there who cares to share so please feel free to leave your comments. Good night for now.
JACK

No comments:

Post a Comment