Thursday, May 20, 2010

Man, one night before heading to BC. Just got my Visas back today so that means that I can go Stateside to BC (should save anywhere from 4-6 hrs, I think). I should throw it out there whether I should be going Stateside or Canadian side as I have to get out there by Monday night. I have a plane ticket back from Vancouver International Airport 11:00 pm Monday night. So, if anyone has any tips they want to share, please let me know. Moose/deer/bear avoidance - is there any advantage of going one route over the other?
Not packed yet completely. I'll be pulling out at around 6:00 pm tomorrow (unless I can sneek away a little earlier). Taking extra fuel in case I run out and no gas stations. Hopefully I'll get some practice with my helmet camera and other camera that I'll be taking for the trip. Lots of shots today - typhoid, rabies and encephalitis tic (round one). I go back for round two beginning next week and I'll have to get a third shot in London along with taking malaria pills for 17 days in Uzbekistan. I'm glad this is all jammed together. I'm not much on one who can handle it long and drawn out.
It will feel so good to get the wind in my face and unofficially be starting for my big trip which will be two weeks by the time I get back after the weekend. I'm so looking forward to all of it but especially some of the open landscapes in Mongolia. I'm pretty excited about Romania and going through the village that my grandmother was raised in.
Anyway, back to the present. I'll be bringing along my little computer this weekend so if I'm able to upload any pictures from Huntsville, Ontario to Vancouver, BC - I will. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment