Friday, May 28, 2010

My Inspiration

I guess I just wanted to write down and see in print my "real" inspiration for doing this trip London to Magadan and back to Huntsville. And that's "my Mom". Me being a cancer makes me fairly sentimental and one who clings to the importance of family. Unfortunately my mom's father died when she was 3 and her mom died when she was 25. I believe she strove to "make her mother proud" even though she had passed away. My mom has been a very driven woman and I've often asked her "what drives you"? She's lived her life in the education business going from teacher to principal to working at the Teacher's Federation in Toronto to being the President of the Retired Teacher's Organization currently. Having had my father pass away at 21, my mom has, was and is the most precious person in my life. Unfortunately, I will never accomplish in my lifetime what she has in hers yet I too am driven to "make my mother proud" and it is imperative that I do this "while she is here". On the long weekend when I went to BC, I know she worried about me going that distance in 3 days by myself. I will never be a mother to know and experience what that kind of worry feels like. Yet, i do know that the sense of accomplishment I felt and reading her text that said she was proud of me, meant the world to me. So, I feel it necessary to write down that my "real" source of inspiration for doing this trip is "my Mom". I want to accomplish something that I will never forget and be able to say that i completed in her lifetime as well. I will miss her tremendously as she is my "very best friend" and I pray that as I'm travelling both her and my father Leo will remain safe. I know I won't be able to wait to see them when I get back (along with my dog Mitzi). Thank you both (all) for your love and support and encouragement for me taking this trip. I love you.
Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment