Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I'M BACK!!!!! IN ONTARIO

I rode today from Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan to Dryden, Ontario getting here at 8:45pm (350 kms North of Thunder Bay). My neck muscles are fairly stiff from riding at night trying to avoid the Moose and Deer but the ride today was unbelievable. Canada really is a beautiful, clean country with sooooo much to see. Leaving Manitoba and reaching Kenora the trees were aglow from the setting sun in the perfect blue sky with a pink hue. People have told me that the ride through Sasketchewan is boring due to it being flat and extremely windy but I disagree. It was a perfect day, not a cloud in the sky and bikes were out taking advantage of some of the best of the last riding we will see this year. I spoke with a friend in Huntsville who told me that it was raining there. But for me this day couldn't be more perfect. Farm country in both Sasketchewan and Manitoba made my ride not only peaceful and relaxing but also one where I could observe the vastness and beauty of the land sprawled out as if it went on forever. Our roads are smoothly paved and the cities are exceptionally clean and vibrant. Unlike what I observed and experienced in Siberia. Many of the towns in Siberia are abandoned old mining towns and the ones where people live today are at living standards that we could not bare. In a blog soon to hit the net I will provide some pictures of what I'm talking about.
Well, off to bed I head as I want to try to make it as close to home tomorrow as possible. My Mitzi dog awaits (she may not remember me after four months) and my bed awaits right now. Chow!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment