Monday, September 27, 2010

On Canadian Soil

Currently I am making my way across Canada, glad to be back home on Canadian soil, and as I write this I am sitting in the Best Western Hotel in Banff, Alberta. One thing I must say after doing a trip of this nature is that Canada is truly beautiful and not to be taken for granted. As the saying goes, we have "diamonds under the soles of our feet". Everywhere that I visited was truly beautiful however some of the remote places were not only cold but barren and some of the group would say "shit holes" yet due to the friendliness extended from the locals of all the areas we visited and being able to communicate over the language barriers made their regions beautiful to me. I will be writing more about "the Road of Bones" once I get home (if not before)and for those living in Canada, please get a copy of The Motorcycle Times newspaper as I have written about the last leg of the trip in my column there as well. The one thing I would like to say is "I MADE IT!!!" and for those looking to do this trip or a trip of this nature, please feel free to email me at jackiemckim@gmail.com as I would love to answer any questions that you may have. So for now, I'm back on the road making my way home to Huntsville, ON, Canada. I hope to make it to Regina, Saskatchewan (Calgary is only 136 kms away from Banff) by tonight. The weather to Jasper was beautiful (made it there yesterday) and then it started to rain on and off all day. Banff is a beautiful and quaint town (as was Jasper). The mountains are like GODS and the ride along the single lane sweeping turns is phenominal. However, many people have commented that it is getting to the end of the season even though there are still quite a few campers on the roads, the bikes are becoming sparse. So, get that final ride in because pretty soon we will all be wrapping up for the season.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you make it to Regina tonight. It is a miserable night here in Toronto - cool and raining. I hope that you stop and get a good night's sleep. Talk to you soon, Jac!
    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete