Thursday, September 2, 2010

Leaving Ulaan Bataar for Final Leg Up to Road of Bones

Me at Lake Baikal (the largest freshwater lake in the world) with the wonderful views.


I just wanted to write that we have less than three weeks left of our trip. We leave Ulaan Bataar today at noon and head to Siberia, Russia in the direction of Road of Bones. I will once again try to keep you posted as best I can but we are going to more remote areas where we are camping mostly. However, if there is a place to find internet that allows me to connect, I will. In the meantime this trip through Mongolia has been beautiful and I hope our final leg will be an adventure as the entire trip has been so far. I'm sure it will as the weather will be getting extremely cold and the riding some of the most trying so far. I do know that I have come to appreciate a hot shower and a warm bed more than ever in my life. There have been times on this trip that I look like I am entirely black skinned and have never had the amount of dust and dirt on my body ever to this degree in my life. Nor have I had smelly feet like I've experienced here. Probably once this trip is done, my entire gear will be tossed as we all reek with disgusting smells (too much information I'm sure). Anyway, bye for now and will be blogging again soon. Until then.....

No comments:

Post a Comment